Monday, August 28, 2017

Amazing & Large Pecan Centerpiece Bowl


Do you have a large dining table?  This bowl is for you!  Do you want a large centerpiece bowl that has such wonderful colors?  This bowl is for you!  Another thing that makes this bowl stand out from others is that this is the 160th bowl I have turned from pecan!  That’s sort of a landmark event in itself.  This large pecan bowl has the ability to do a lot of things.  You may use it as a super large serving bowl as it does hold 1 1/8 gallons.  That’s a lot of salad, smashed taters, or other veggies.  You might also use it as a centerpiece bowl for fruits and all other kinds of goodies.  There are two lines under the rim for decorative purposes as well as one on the foot.  I turned a rim for ease in handling seeing this bowl does weigh 4 ½ pounds.  Actually that ain’t bad for a hardwood bowl of this size.  The diameter of this bowl is 13 ¼”  with a height of 4 ½” and a depth of 3 ¾”.  The wood has some natural defects in it, as some might call them, that I left for a more rustic appeal.  I don’t think of knots or burring as defects but more as Mamma Nature’s fingerprints on the piece.  The wood was sealed with food grade walnut oil and then finished with several coats of a walnut oil based wax.  This gives the bowl a nice hard long lasting natural finish.  Renewable with regular kitchen olive oil.  Using the wax instead of a top coat finish allows you to feel the grains in the wood.  28Aug17  BLP160  For more info see:











2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 160th Pecan bowl and what a bowl it is. Just look I say just look at that colouration, magnificent. Love the shape and the burnt lines adds to it. I have seen some bowls in my time but I think this so far is the best I have seen. What more can I say about this magnificent bowl apart from extremely well done my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Les! Glad you liked it. It's a monster and good looking. Godzilla probably wishes he could say the same thing! Appreciate the comments as always, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Flared Pecan Wood Bowl

Now here is something that you don’t see everyday!   A pecan wood bowl with flared wings like this will look good on any table.   Fill i...