Sunday, September 10, 2017

Ornate Pecan Hollow Form Pedestal Bowl


Without a doubt this piece is certainly ornate.  And naturally, too!  Look at all the colors in this bowl and you will see what I mean.  And to add a natural rustic appeal to the piece there is a nice looking knot towards the base.  Now I am no one to tell you what to put in this bowl but I guarantee it will look just fine full of nuts or candies and other tasty treats.  And seeing it holds a whopping 6 full cups to the brim that is a lot of goodies.  The wood was sealed with food grade walnut oil and then finished with a walnut oil/shellac mixture heavy on the shellac for more sheen.  With a combination like this the bowl gets a nice hard long lasting natural finish.  The measurements are 7” in outside diameter and 4 ½” inside lip diameter.  The height is 5 ½” and the depth measured at 3 ¾”.  Certainly a one of a kind piece that will match with any décor.  9Sep17  BLP161 For more info see:











2 comments:

  1. Love the onion shaped body to this bowl. Nicely hollowed out with a nicely rolled over lip to the top of bowl. Rustic say no more just love rustic. Certainly a very nice piece that would look good in anybody's room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got lucky with this one. A week before I did this one I got in a new cutter for my hollowing too. So I was able to really take the wood out of this one without too much problem. I was thinking about making this a jar but decided against it at the last moment. Glad I decided not to, now. Glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Flared Pecan Wood Bowl

Now here is something that you don’t see everyday!   A pecan wood bowl with flared wings like this will look good on any table.   Fill i...