Saturday, December 16, 2017

Beautiful Pecan Pedestal Bowl


Nope.  I ain’t gonna tell you that you just gotta fill this pedestal bowl with nothing but M&M’s.  But I am gonna tell ya they look real good in it.  You might also put some pistachios in it as well as using it as a catch all bowl for keys and change.  Some might even use it for potpourri.  The pecan bowl has a nice capacity of 3 cups.  The diameter is 7” and the height is 3 ½” and depth measures at 2 ½”.  The wood was sealed with two coats of food grade walnut oil and then finished with 2 coats of a walnut oil based wax.  This combination gives this bowl a nice hard long lasting natural finish.  You may also still feel the grain of the wood with this finish.  16Dec17  BLP177  For more info see:
























2 comments:

  1. Wow you have been busy my friend. I have not been on internet properly for the last few weeks due to me having low blood pressure and keep passing out. Spent one whole day in A & E, they told me to rest and see my cardiologist because they think my tablets are causing it. Also with the holidays I though I would give it a break. Getting better now. This Pecan bowl and the previous three are stunning. Pecan I think is a wood with a beautiful colouration. All of them has a lovely shape. Well done my friend these are excellent pieces of turning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Les! I am sorry that you're still having problems crop up with the ticker. Thanks for the comments. This whole batch of pecan seems to have this basic coloration which to me is great looking stuff. To you as well, obviously. We are in a cold spell at the moment so no work getting done. Not with the temps down around 18-20 and ice everywhere. uhuh Not me. Bones hurt too much in this stuff. Take care my friend! Get on when you can.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Flared Pecan Wood Bowl

Now here is something that you don’t see everyday!   A pecan wood bowl with flared wings like this will look good on any table.   Fill i...