Saturday, March 31, 2018

Classy 10" Pecan Natural Edge Bowl

Classy?  Sure it’s classy.  It’s turned from classy pecan wood leaving the bark intact for a super rustic looking natural edge.  There is nothing better than pecan wood to blend in with any décor.  Now even though this bowl does hold liquids, 2 cups worth, it is meant more as a bowl for putting treasures such as candy, nuts, fruit, etc.  It measures 10” at the widest point, 8 ½” at the narrowest, 3 ¼” at the highest point, 2” at the lowest.  It is 1 ½” deep.  The bark was helped to stay in place with clear glue and shellac.  The wood was sealed with food grade walnut oil and then it was finished with a walnut oil/shellac mixture.  Using a combination such as this gives the bowl a nice hard long lasting natural finish.  31Mar18  NEP31  Go here for more info:











2 comments:

  1. Both of these natural edged bowls are difficult to turn but look absolutely gorgeous. I have seen these types of turnings at shows and they always generate plenty of interest. I myself have turned these so I know what goes into making them. You my friend have done an exceedingly good job. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Les! I managed not to lose any hide on the knuckles or anywhere else while turning and sanding these, this time. Does happen, doesn't it? I have no idea why I put off turning some of these. It's been awhile and like you said, they do generate a lot of interest. Take care my friend, and Happy Easter to you.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Flared Pecan Wood Bowl

Now here is something that you don’t see everyday!   A pecan wood bowl with flared wings like this will look good on any table.   Fill i...