Saturday, June 17, 2017

Mountain Cedar Goodie Jar


This will be a nice addition for anyone whether they have it sitting on a table, sideboard or even on their desk.  The sunken stomas in this wood (gaps) can make this a difficult wood to turn.  But I admit to having a lot of fun figgering out how to work around those catching things.  This particular piece even has a branch stem trying to come out of the large stoma on the side!  How neat is that?  I had to leave that or someone might get mad!  To leave that stem I had to leave a bit more wood on the sides than I normally might.  The capacity of this jar is around 1 ½ cups.  You may put nuts, wrapped candies and other neat little treasures in this!  The outside diameter is 5 ½” with an inside diameter of 3 ½”.  The total height is 4 ¼” with a vessel height of 3” and a depth of 2 ½”.  The wood was finished with a walnut oil based friction polish for high sheen.  17Jun17  BXMC8  For more info see:








2 comments:

  1. Rustic, Rustic just love rustic and this small jar has it in big pieces. Glad it did not disintegrate or I would not have been able to look at this jar. Nice grain pattern and colour make this small goodie jar a lovely piece, that would look nice on anybody's sideboard or table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Les! I've been lucky with the wood from this tree for the most part. It does seem to like to stay together for me. I've only had one so far come apart. Gave the face shield quite a whack! Glad you like it, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Flared Pecan Wood Bowl

Now here is something that you don’t see everyday!   A pecan wood bowl with flared wings like this will look good on any table.   Fill i...