Friday, December 8, 2017

Naturally Beautiful Pecan Candy Jar


No doubt about this jar turned from pecan wood is beautiful.  And I can’t take any credit for that as what you see is all natural.  Mamma Nature did it, not me.  All I did was seal the wood with food grade walnut oil and then finish it with a walnut oil based wax.  And in doing this gives the jar a nice hard long lasting finish.  Far be it from me to say that you can only put candy in this jar.  Use it for whatever you wish.  You might want to use it to hide your personal pistachio stash.  Then again you might want to hide some treasures in it.  The outside diameter is 4 ¾” with an inside lip diameter of 3 ¾”.  The total height comes to 6” and the vessel height is 4 ¾”.  The vessel depth measures at 4” with a volume coming to 3 cups.  That is actually a passel load of M&M’s!!!  With the natural colors this is one to have.  You will find only one burred area that won’t sand out on the top side of the lid.  Just adds to the rustic flavor of the jar.  8Dec17  BXP86   For more info see:











2 comments:

  1. Now this is some thing else, really beautiful. Lovely shape and the lid fits perfectly. The wood is absolutely wonderful. Nature as you say makes it beautiful and I agree with you but it is you that shapes that beauty. Well done Dave I love this candy jar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Les! I appreciate the compliment. I love turning these small to medium sized jars. The big ones I will do on occasion but they really can be taxing to get right. But as a challenge I will do one or two a year. Take care my friend and now I'm gonna look at what you posted!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Flared Pecan Wood Bowl

Now here is something that you don’t see everyday!   A pecan wood bowl with flared wings like this will look good on any table.   Fill i...