Monday, December 4, 2017

Pecan Natural Edge Trencher


Now lookee here!!!  A trench bowl made from pecan wood that has bark on both sides!  What more could you ask of a bowl of this type?  Now I am not gonna say that this bowl kinda kicked me around some while I was hollowing it out, but it did.  Are all of the inside surfaces even?  No.  Does it have a hand hollowed out look?  Yes it does.  Even though most of the hollowing was done with a power tool, it was still done with my hands controlling it.  Definitely not computerized or lasered.  Uhuh  I did all I can do to keep the bark on the sides, but I can’t guarantee just how long it will stay.  But, it should be for quite a while.  To help keep the bark in place, besides reinforcing it with clear glue, I also sprayed the bark and bottom with spray shellac.  The top and inside was finished with two coats of food grade walnut oil.  The trencher is 12 ½” long, 10” wide, 1 ¾” high, and has an average depth of 1”.  Won’t be another one like it so don’t pass it up.  4Dec17  DTP2  For more info see:











2 comments:

  1. Sorry Dave but this is not my cup of tea ( so to speak ), but tastes vary. Must admit you have done a good job of keeping that bark in place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning! Actually, the only reason I make these is that they do have a demand on the market. Like you, personally I could care less about them. They can really be a pain in the butt to make. So, don't feel bad, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Flared Pecan Wood Bowl

Now here is something that you don’t see everyday!   A pecan wood bowl with flared wings like this will look good on any table.   Fill i...