Friday, June 1, 2018

Some Changes

The Texas heat has come and it ain't going away for a while.  Busting 100 most days now and with a relatively high humidity makes it a bit tough for us older folks to work out there.  So, my work methodology is SLOW but STEADY and it will get done.  But, if it ain't done by around 11am it ain't getting done that day.  My back is also getting worse and I suppose I am going to have to give in soon and have surgery on it.  I guess most folks would look at me weird.  I'm out there in the log yard ripping down logs with a heavy chainsaw with braces on both knees and a back brace.  Wonder if there is a brace for my brain??? 

2 comments:

  1. You can not keep a good one down for long. You are as bad as me we should take things easy but we don't. Dave you are absolutely right slow and easy is the way to go, remember the tortoise and the hare , you know who won. 100 degrees Phew. Any way my friend go steady and if you have to give in for awhile do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Les! Yep, the tortoise won for sure. And I am playing tortoise. We are having a short break for 2 days as a rain front is trying to push down here. Only 92-95! Break out the sweaters!!! Might get a chill. I will mainly work in the morning and vegetate the rest of the day away.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Flared Pecan Wood Bowl

Now here is something that you don’t see everyday!   A pecan wood bowl with flared wings like this will look good on any table.   Fill i...