Tuesday, November 28, 2017

10 3/4" Cottonwood Pie/Cake Stand


I say give me pie or cake!  And, put it on this stand and place it in the middle of your table.  You know it’s gonna look really good, don’t you?  Certainly large enough in diameter to handle a standard cake or pie as it is 10 ¾” in diameter.  The height of this stand is 2” and the base diameter is 4 ¼”.   Extremely lightweight so those who have arthritis problems will have no problems with this stand.  Of course you can put whatever you want on it.  Doesn’t have to be pies or cakes.  There is a slight drop from the outside rim going towards the center point to reduce slippage.  The wood was sealed with food grade walnut oil and then finished with a couple of coats of a walnut oil based wax.  One of a kind so don’t miss this one!  28Nov17  SDCW8 For more info see:











2 comments:

  1. Now this is something you do not see very often, well at least I don't. Very nicely turned my friend. The ones which I have seen has been made incorporating a lazy Susan. But I must admit yours is so much better. Well done and I like that idea of putting a slight concave to the top to stop slippage. Brill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Les! Simple is better! To me, anyway. So why use a lazy susan thing? I can't remember who it was but when I made my very first cake stand they asked me to put that slight drop in it for that reason. So, I have been doing that ever since. Glad you liked it, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Flared Pecan Wood Bowl

Now here is something that you don’t see everyday!   A pecan wood bowl with flared wings like this will look good on any table.   Fill i...