Saturday, March 24, 2018

A slight health malfunction

Lower back had been giving me fits for over a year and gave in and had a MRI done of it.  Discs L1-L2, L3-L4, L4-L5, and L5-S1 are bulging on out sticking into the spinal cord and nerve areas.  The last two are doing a really nice job of it with the last one really pinching the nerves off.  I am temporarily doing some therapy exercises but the therapist said the only thing that will accomplish is some possible pain relief.  Also, discovered my left leg is crooked and therefore ends up being 3/4" shorter than the right.  I guess you could say I am slightly lopsided.  Interesting. So, I am still working in the shop but a a slower pace for now.  It will be over a month before I see the surgeons, which is alright with me.  Not looking forward to it, but surgery is most likely the only solution.  In the meantime, shavings will still be flying.

2 comments:

  1. You be extra careful my friend that does not sound good (painful I guess) but I have got to say you are like me, won`t give up. Keep going slowly Dave soon be back to your normal self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, slow is the word for now. No need to aggravate it any more than it already is. There are days when it just simply keeps me from doing anything. Just too darned stiff and painful. But, most of the time I can get something done. Like you said, just go slower and the turnings are gonna be a bit smaller. hehe

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Flared Pecan Wood Bowl

Now here is something that you don’t see everyday!   A pecan wood bowl with flared wings like this will look good on any table.   Fill i...