Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Colorful Pecan Goodie Jar

Do you honestly think you are going to find a more beautiful jar than this one to put your goodies in?  I find it unlikely.  Naturally colorful, this jar turned from pecan wood shows you just one of the many wonders that Mamma Nature provides us with wood.  Now I am not saying that you have to put M&M’s in this jar, though it is well suited for that.  This would be perfect for pistachios and many other things.  It does hold 1 ¼ cups measured to the brim.  The diameter is 5 ¼” with a total height of 4”.  The vessel height is 2 ¼” and the depth is 1 ¾”.  Don’t forget that you can even put ground teas and spices in this as well.  The wood was sealed with food grade walnut oil and then finished with a walnut oil/shellac mixture.  With a combination such as that gives the jar a nice hard long lasting natural finish.  You just might not want to pass this up!  14Mar18  BXP87 For more info see:












2 comments:

  1. Now this is gorgeous, colourful which pecan always is and with the nice shape plus the lid which nicely sits inside the bowls rim. You must be onto a winner with this bowl. I am not certain but I think a black line around the bases top would look good, what do you think Dave. Another well turned lidded bowl, I really do like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Les! I was kinda proud of this little gem, myself. Everything about it just worked out right. Was easy to shape, sand and finish. Made me wonder what was going to go wrong! Luckily nothing. Take care my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Flared Pecan Wood Bowl

Now here is something that you don’t see everyday!   A pecan wood bowl with flared wings like this will look good on any table.   Fill i...