Sunday, April 14, 2019

Cute Pecan Wood Pedestal Bowl


This smallish sized bowl is just right for many uses such as nuts and candy.  OK.  Yeah.  You can put other stuff in it as well.  Who am I to tell you what you can or cannot put in it?  The diameter of this little gem is 4 ¾” and it has a height of 3”.  The depth of the bowl is 1 ¾” and it has an approximate volume of 1 cup.  I didn’t measure it but I figger it to be about that.  Take a close look at the natural color of this pecan wood and you will surely love it.  The wood was sealed with food grade walnut oil and then finished with a walnut oil/shellac mixture.  A combination like this gives the bowl a nice hard long lasting natural finish.  14Apr19  BLP212 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/698797045/cute-pecan-wood-pedestal-bowl








2 comments:

  1. Yes the colour is beautiful, nature at its best. I really do like this little jem. At first I thought the base was slightly to large for the bowls slanting top shape, but after looking at it more closely I changed my mind and it does suit the bowl, infact I would stretch my neck out and say it enhances it. Well done Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciate it, Les! The size of the base versus the bowl diameter was on my mind while doing this. I kept taking it down a little bit at a time until I decided that should do just fine. Glad you agree on that. Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Flared Pecan Wood Bowl

Now here is something that you don’t see everyday!   A pecan wood bowl with flared wings like this will look good on any table.   Fill i...