Friday, June 14, 2019

8 3/4" Pecan Bowl With Turquoise


Once in a while I turn a bowl that says give me some turquoise!!!  Well, who am I not to listen to it?  The turquoise on the lip started out being in a really nice looking gap in the wood.  After all that was set, while sanding part of that broke off, so had to reshape it.  Then to make things look good I had to add more turquoise to that area.  All well and good and looks just fine.  There was another area under the lip that I added some to as well.  So for those who like some extra color added to the wood beside what Mamma Nature gave it, this bowl is perfect for you.  The diameter is 8 ¾”, the height is 2 ¼”, and the depth 1 ¾”.  The volume measured to 4 cups.  The wood was sealed with food grade walnut oil and then the bowl was finished with two coats of a walnut oil and shellac mixture.  This gives the bowl a nice hard long lasting natural finish.  14Jun19  BLP216









2 comments:

  1. I like everything about this bowl, its shape, colour, its simplicity and the added turquoise all adds up to another beautifully turned and finished turning from my friends workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Les! It's an interesting piece, for sure. Still wondering in my mind if the turquoise on the lip is overbearing or not. Time will tell.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Flared Pecan Wood Bowl

Now here is something that you don’t see everyday!   A pecan wood bowl with flared wings like this will look good on any table.   Fill i...